Check out the video at the beginning of the guide for a full walk-through. Here are the steps you'll follow:
- Make a tiny pin-sized hole in the top of the egg. It's easier to do this if the egg is sitting inside your dixie cup.
- Turn the egg over and make a larger hole at the bottom of the egg. This hole should be a little bigger than the size of the NeoPixel dot.
- Blow the egg out through the pin hole.
- Decorate your egg however you like!
Don't worry if you break it -- sometimes the broken eggs are the most beautiful. There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
- Cut a circular hole in the bottom of the Dixie cup
- Cut around the cup about 3/4 inch from the bottom, so your stand is short enough that the light will reach inside the egg
- Cut out slots in both sides for the wire to feed through
- Place the base over the light, and the egg on top of the base so the hole aligns with the LED, and watch your egg glow.