- All parts including PCB, header and battery are included
- Quick to assemble and use
- Plugs into any breadboard, or you can use wires
- We have example code and library for Arduino with a walkthrough on our documentation page
- Two mounting holes
- Will keep time for 5 years or more
This is a great battery-backed real time clock (RTC) that allows your microcontroller project to keep track of time even if it is reprogrammed, or if the power is lost. Perfect for datalogging, clock-building, time stamping, timers and alarms, etc. The DS1307 is the most popular RTC, and works best with 5V-based chips such as the Arduino.This guide was first published on Jan 29, 2013. It was last updated on Oct 17, 2018. This page (Overview) was last updated on May 04, 2015.