CurieBot is designed to introduce you to the joys of making with electronics. We decided to come up with a fun pack of parts that:
- Could introduce a beginner to making
- Teach soldering, electronics and programming skills
- Does not assume any prior experience
- Comes with enough fun parts that could be combined and adapted for months or years!
After a lot of thinking, here's what we came up with:
- 1x Arduino 101 with Intel Curie the brains of your bot! It's a board that combines the universal appeal of Arduino with the latest technologies - like the Intel Curie module, Bluetooth LE capabilities, and a 6-axis accelerometer/gyro.
- 1x USB Cable - Standard A-B - 3 ft/1m - use this to install new code onto your Arduino 101 (from any computer)
- 1x 9V battery - this battery will power your Arduino 101 (but not the motors)
- 4x AA Batteries - Use these to power your the motors of your super awesome little robot
- 1x Three layer Robot Chassis Kit in Black - This kit gives you everything you need to build the shell of a 2-wheel-drive Mobile Platform Robot to help you channel your inner Mad Max.
- 1x Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield v2 - Lets you drive up to 4 DC or 2 stepper motors- certainly enough motors to power the chassis kit!
- 1x - Mini Solderless Breadboard - 4x4 points - Perfect fit for your chassis kit. Add it to the prototyping area to upgrade your robot with more sensors, lights, servos and beyond!
- 1x 9V Battery Holder with switch & plug - Plugs into your Arduino 101's DC jack to power the CurieBot on and off with a flick of the switch
- 1x 4xAA Battery Holder w/ On/Off Switch - A nice portable battery holder for your robot's motor batteries.
- 1x Shield stacking headers for Arduino - Solder these to your MotorShield to allow access to all pins for further upgrades later!
- 1x Rubber Bumper Feet - Helps keep the battery packs safe and secure
- 1x Foam tape rectangle - Helps mount the battery packs
- 4x Nylon 2.5mm pan screws - For mounting your Arduino 101 to the top deck of the robot
- 9x Nylon hexnuts - Also for Arduino 101 fastening