In this guide we will build a cute little robot body all employing the principles of hopping instead of rolling. We'll even do it with 3 different brains!
- Circuit Playground Express with code in CircuitPython that can be controlled programatically,
- Feather M0 Bluefruit with code in Arduino/C that can be controlled programmatically but also via Bluetooth, and
- BBC micro:bit with code in MakeCode that can also be controlled programmatically.
In each case, the hardware will be the same. The controller board, matching CRICKIT, and code will vary. Part of the reason is to show how all the CRICKIT variations do the same job and the choice is based on the controller board and language you want to use.
- Corrugated cardboard
- Craft knife, cardboard saw, scissors, etc. to cut and shape cardboard
- hot glue and glue gun
- solder and soldering iron
- a couple pins worth of male header strip
- about 10cm (4 inches) of something stiff but not rigid. a piece of bungee-cord works well
- small zip ties to keep wiring neat and out of the way is useful