This project guides you through building a robot that can wander around your floor. This riffs on John Park's Crickit Carnival Bumper Bot. The difference is that the project progresses through several levels, starting with a very basic bot and adding capabilities.
You won't need the battery holders if you decide at the end to use a LiPo battery.
Adding an alert buzzer
A bigger, better power system
If you do this, you'll also need the power adapter and a F/M jumper wire listed above.
- Corrugated cardboard for chassis, bumpers, body pieces and wheels
- hot glue gun and glue rods
- craft knife for cutting cardboard
- double-sided tape
- 1 large binder clip to serve as a rear slide for the bit
- several binder clips to join body pieces together, twice the number of body segments you want
- thin bamboo skewers
- colored construction paper and a gluestick if you wish to give your snake bot a little more character