Twitter user @caitlinsdad made this insanely awesome maker-themed ice cream truck. Inspired by his idea, here is a guide on how to create the truck in its physical form! Using cardboard, a couple different motors, NeoPixels, CRICKIT and Circuit Playground Express, we will recreate this totally tricked out truck!
Reading or at least skimming through these guides before beginning will save you a lot of headache in the future. You can always refer back to them if you need help!
- Medium to large width corrugated cardboard - need at least 5 - 6 sheets sized 8.5" X 11" with the same thickness
- Scrap pieces of cardboard (to make character cutouts and various smaller parts)
- Hobby knife
- Hot glue gun + 2-3 sticks of glue
- Double sided tape
- Aluminum foil
- Access to a printer
- Print out of characters
- Glue stick
- Mini bamboo skewers
- Fake spider web (for ice cream)
- Duct tape (for NeoPixels)
- Soldering iron + solder (for portable power supply)
- Rubber band
- Wire cutter
Optional but recommended:
- Cutting mat (for cutting cardboard)
- Peel and stick hoop and loop fasteners (Velcro) - For attaching Blinka to front seat!
- Colored markers and other decorations for the truck!