This provides a visual reference for wiring of the components. They aren't true to scale, just meant to be used as reference. The microUSB panel mounted cable isn't displayed in this diagram but it is used in the project to extent the connection for better access.
The potentiometer connects to channel 1 of the signal I/O section on Crickit. The switch pins from the pot wire inline with the voltage of the DC barrel plug and DC jack.
- Ground pin from Pot to GND on Crickit ch 1 signal I/O
- VCC pin from Pot to 3.3V on Crickit ch 1 signal I/O
- Signal pin from Pot to Signal on Crickit ch 1 signal I/O
- Ground wire from DC Motor to GND on Crickit ch 1 motor
- Voltage wire from DC Motor to 1 on Crickit ch 1 motor
- Pin 1 from Pot Switch to voltage wire on DC Plug
- Pin 2 from Pot Switch to voltage wire on DC Jack
- Ground wire from DC Jack to DC Plug