In this guide you'll learn how to CNC mill keycaps for mechanical key switches.
This part require a custom fixture in order to machine the internal and exterior geometry of the keycap.
You'll need to use Fusion 360 to customize the tool paths and stock for your desktop CNC machine.
Tools & Materials
- Fusion 360 – For personal, Hobby Use
- Bantam Tools Milling Machine
- Bantam Tool Software
- Alignment Bracket
- 1/8in (0.3in cutting length) Flat End Mill
- 1/16in (0.3in cutting length) Flat End Mill
- 1/32in (0.2in cutting length) Flat End Mill
- Wood material (5in x 4in x 1/2in)
- Double-sided Nitto Tape (1in or 1/2in wide)
Download the tool library from Bantam Tools for Fusion 360.
Reference the documentation on Bantam Tools website for instructions on how to install the library into Fusion 360.