Once you have an AWS account, the video below will show you how to setup the table:
- Name: Temperatures
- Primary Key Type: Hash and Range
- Hash Attribute Type: String
- Hash Attribute Name: Id
- Range Attribute Type: Number
- Range Attribute Name: Date
- No secondary indexes.
- Default values for provisioned throughput capacity and throughput alarms
Also take note of the Amazon Resource Name (ARN) in the 'Details' tab for the table. This ARN value will be used later in the table setup.
In the Services menu at the upper left, select the 'IAM' service.
- Effect: Allow
- AWS Service: DynamoDB
- Actions: GetItem, ListTables, Query, Scan
- Amazon Resource Name (ARN): The ARN value for the table you created earlier.
After reviewing the details, click continue again. When the user is created, open the 'Show User Security Credentials' drop down and take note of both the access key and secret access key values for this read only user.