Here's a simple demonstration project to get you started with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support in CircuitPython. Blinka jumps through a NeoPixel ring of fire, using a servo. It's all controlled wirelessly via the Adafruit Bluefruit LE Connect app from your phone or tablet, using a Feather nRF52840 Express and a CRICKIT FeatherWing.
You can adapt and expand upon this code for your own projects. Add more servos, add sound, whatever you want. It's up to you!
- A wood base, about a foot square.
- A scrap of wood, for mounting the servo. I used wood screws to hold the servo on by one set of its ears.
- Foam core board, for mounting the front panel.
- A rod, such as a piece of coat hanger, a chopstick, or even a straw. I used a thin piece of metal salvaged from a discarded windshield wiper, so I could bend one end to mount Blinka more easily.
- Clear packing tape and office tape.
- Hobby knife.
- Glue stick.
- Wire strippers.