Note that there are two versions of this board in the wild. It was updated on Feb. 12, 2020 to have a USB C connector, additional pinouts, and other features (see product page for more info).
Pinouts for both the new version (USB C) and the original version are below.
- 5V - this is the 5V power from the USB input.
- GND - this is the common ground for all power and logic.
- 3V power output - The new version has a 3.3V power output pin for up to 500mA
- D4 to D7 - can be used as either digital inputs or outputs.
C0 to C7 - can be used as either digital inputs or outputs.
- SCL - the I2C clock signal is on D0.
- SDA - the I2C data is on D1+D2.
- I2C switch - The new version has a switch that connects D1 and D2 for easy I2C interfacing. Move the switch to ON to use I2C and/or the STEMMA QT connector. You can then use either D1 or D2 for SDA.
On the original version only: Note that there are two pins (D1 and D2) which must be tied together and treated as one to use I2C.
- SCLK - the SPI clock signal is on D0.
- MOSI - Microcontroller Out, Serial In is on D1.
- MISO - Microcontroller In, Serial Out is on D2.
- CS0 - Chip Select is on D3. This is not used by Blinka, instead use one of the GPIO pins from above (see example section).