You can create a design by chaining NeoPixel rings, sticks, strips, and jewels to your heart's content. These party glasses use two 24x NeoPixel rings and two NeoPixel sticks. For a more basic design, follow the NeoPixel Goggle diagram.
Wire connections are as follows (click to enlarge diagram):
- Trinket BAT+ to NeoPixel stick 4-7VDC or NeoPixel ring PWR
- Trinket Gnd to NeoPixel stick GND
- Trinket #1 to NeoPixel stick DIN
- NeoPixel stick DOUT to NeoPixel ring IN
- NeoPixel ring OUT to second NeoPixel ring IN
- NeoPixel ring G to second NeoPixel ring G
- NeoPixel ring PWR to second NeoPixel ring PWR
- second NeoPixel ring OUT to second NeoPixel stick DIN
- second NeoPixel ring G to second NeoPixel stick GND
- second NeoPixel ring PWR to second NeoPixel stick 4-7VDC
- second NeoPixel stick 4-7VDC to battery connector +
- second NeoPixel stick GND to battery connector -
You may optionally connect a switch that interrupts power either on the Trinket side or battery side of the glasses.