Ring in the new year or any cause for celebration with your own NeoPixel glasses!
For this project you will need:
- Trinket 3v microcontroller with USB cable
- JST-PH battery connector or switched breakout
- 500mAh lipoly battery and charger
- sturdy gaffer tape
- hair clip
- costume frames with lenses removed
- silicone coated stranded wire in a matching color
- hot glue gun
- E6000 or epoxy adhesive
- soldering iron and tools
- helping third hand tool
If you can glue the NeoPixel rings to the frames without covering the connections on the PCB, go for it. This will make it easier to make tidy wire connections. Hot glue is ok for now, but if you can permanantly affix them with E6000 or epoxy, go for it. Invest in a sturdy platform that won't fall apart during the subsequent steps.