The circuit diagram above shows how the components will be wired together. This won't be 100% exact in the actual circuit but it's a very close approximation.
- Slide switch to Lipoly Backpack
- BAT from Lipo backpack to BAT on Trinket
- G from Lipo backpack to GND on Trinket
- 5V from Lipo backpack to USB
- 5V from the NeoPixel Ring to Bat on Trinket
- DIN from the NeoPixel Ring to Pin #4 on Trinket
- Ground on the NeoPixel to Ground on Trinket
The circuit will be powered by a 3.7V 100mAh Lithium ion battery via JST connection. The battery plugs directly into the Trinket Backpack, which allows the recharging over the microUSB port on the Trinket.
Any small size micro-controller board can be secured to the mounting clip. Since you'll need to tap your own mounting holes, you can use which ever board you'd like. For example, you could use a Bluefruit Feather BLE for controlling the LEDs via mobile app.