The UART mode provides a terminal interface for sending and receiving strings from a Bluefruit LE device.
Note: This mode can be used in conjunction with Bluefruit LE Friend's Command mode to configure or get additional info about the device.
- The main log window displays strings received from Bluefruit LE, colored in red.
- Toggle the Echo switch in the upper left to also display outgoing strings sent from the app, colored in blue.
- The display format of the log window can be controlled using the ASCII/Hex switch in the upper right.
- Tapping Copy will copy all text from the log window to the iOS clipboard.
- Tapping Clear will delete all text from the window.
- Tap the text field at the bottom of the screen to bring up the keyboard and begin composing a new string to send.
- Newline characters can be added using the return key.
- Press the Send button to send the string over UART to your Bluefruit LE device.
- To hide the keyboard, simply tap the log window while the keyboard is shown.