The Bluefruit LE Connect app provides iOS devices with a variety of tools to communicate with Bluefruit LE devices. These tools cover basic communication and info reporting as well as more project specific uses such as Arduino Pin Control and a Color Picker.
The iOS app is a free download from Apple's App Store. It requires iOS 9 or later and works on iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches.
The Android app is a free download from the Google Play Store. It requires Android 4.4 or later.
The app is compatible with these BLE devices from Adafruit, and possibly more:
- Bluefruit LE nRF8001 Breakout
- Bluefruit LE Friend
- Flora Wearable Bluefruit LE Module
- Adafruit Bluefruit LE SPI Friend
- Adafruit Bluefruit LE Micro
- Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE
- Adafruit Feather M0 Bluefruit LE
- Adafruit Feather nRF52 Bluefruit LE - nRF52832
- Adafruit Feather nRF52840 Express
First off - install the app from one of the App stores listed above if you haven't already.
If Bluetooth is disabled on your device, enable it by going to Settings->Bluetooth on your iOS device, or the analogous setting on your Android device.
If you plan to use the app to send location/GPS data to Bluefruit LE, enable Location Services. Enable it on iOS using Settings->Privacy->Location Services.