Make the strike.Cut a strip of brass about 2.5" (64mm) long.
- Measure the distance from the top of the solenoid shaft to the edge of the box lid - typically about 0.44" (11mm).
- Drill a .31" (8mm) hole in one end for the solenoid shaft. The edge of the hole should be 11mm from the end of the strip.
- Drill 2 more 1/8" (3mm) holes for rivets.
- Bend the strike above the hole as shown below.
Temporarily install the strike
- Position the strike on the front of the box and align the top with the edge of the box as shown.
- Fasten it temporarily with machine screws. Make sure you can unfasten it from outside the box. We will need to open the box for adjustments if the latch binds.