Build a fantastic light-up fuzzy scarf with seven different color modes. Easily switch between modes with the press of a button. With a little easy code hacking, you can even create your own color combinations.
Warning: Wearing this scarf in public will get you noticed. Children will follow you around like you're the pied piper. Adults and paparazzi will chase you down the street in order to get a photo with you. Minstrels will sing ballads about the glow you left in their hearts long after your batteries die.
Prepare for the madness of instant glow-fur celebrity.
For this project you will need:
- 1 - 1.5 yds x 9 inches of white fun fur
- 1 - 1.5 meters of White 60 LED Neopixel Strip (no more than 100 pixels will run with the gemma so keep it under 100)
- 2500mAh Lithium Ion Polymer Battery (don't forget the charger)
- Tactile On/Off Switch with Leads
- Membrane LED Keypad (not pictured)
- Soldering iron & solder
- A few pieces of 26g stranded wire
- One jumper wire
- Heat shrink
- Needle & thread
- Two heavy duty sew-in snaps
Also helpful to have:
- Hot glue gun
- Heat gun
- 1/2 inch clear heat shrink
- Sewing machine