Inclusion in this list does not imply recommendation by Adafruit. Buyer beware!
Some shops whose main business is 'retail' technology (laptop/gadget) tattooing:
- Public Art International : Rotterdam (The Netherlands) based company offering laser etching on laptops and iPods, dogtag engraving, acrylic lamp designs, graffiti stencils, custom Arduino projects.
- ETCHamac : custom laser etching for macs and iPods, using an only flash design system. Mailorder or walk-ins. Located in Peoria, AZ. Offers Cermark spray. iPods are ~$50 and laptops are $50-$200 by "quarter."
- Technology Tattoo : In Minneapolis, by appointment only. No other information.
- RazorLAB Ltd : London based company offering laser etching on laptops, iPods, etc.
- Scott Campbell Tattoo : Brooklyn, NY tattoo studio with laser cutter for laptops. $200 for 'portfolio design', $300 for custom design. (Not much more info).
- iStyle Custom : LA shop. ~$30 for small devices, ~$100 for large ones.
- TATUIT : Serving Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA - Located in Portland, OR. Objectifying Art on cellphones, iPods, mp3 players, laptops and more.
- Powerbook Laser Engraving : Exactly what it sounds like, $100 for laptops, in Colorado.
- engravee : Boston MA (back bay). By appointment only, prices starting out at $30 for cells+iPods, $80-$100 for laptops.
- engrave : Located in Portland OR. Not accepting laptop/gadget engraving appointments at this time.
- Tech-Tattoos : Offering laser etching for your electronics by appointment in Toledo, OH.
- Austin Laser Art : Art, Technology, Craft, and Traditional Laser Engraving in Austin, Texas.
- CADD Graphics : Specializes in firearms engraving specifically high powered rifes (you may ship guns as that they are a Class 01 FFL as licensed by ATF), electronics marking for theft loss and inventory purposes as well as wood, marble and granite engraving/cutting.
- Big Blue Saw : Offers a CAD design tool and online ordering for laser and waterjet cut parts.
- Pololu : Custom laser cutting from $25.
- Ponoko : A place where you can make and sell laser cut ideas to the world.
- 2dparts : Fast. Cheap. Precise. Laser cut and Waterjet Parts.
- NextFab Studio : Trotec classes and contract work. NextFab is a MakerSpace in Philadelphia.