The NeoPixel Shield is tested and fully compatible with the following boards:
- Arduino Uno (all revisions)
- Arduino Mega 2560, 1280 and ADK (all revisions)
Arduino Duemilanove and Diecimila w/ATmega328 chip
- Arduino Due
The shield uses the following pins:
- +5V (external 5V connection recommended)
- Digital pin 6 (can be changed by cutting trace on shield and adding jumper wire)
Because only a few connections are needed (+5V, ground and data), this shield is easy to use as a standalone LED matrix with alternate Arduino form-factors (Arduino Micro, FIO, etc.).
Adafruit Menta: equivalent to Arduino Duemilanove w/328 chip; almost certainly compatible.
- Arduino Duemilanove and Diecimila w/ATmega168 chip: electrically and mechanically compatible with 328 chip, but has only half the RAM and program space. NeoPixels use a fair amount of RAM, but there’s probably space for this to work (possibly even chaining an extra NeoPixel shield or two), provided other code is not terribly complex.
Arduino NG or older: possibly compatible, memory constraints permitting.