The LCD Shield is tested and fully compatible with the following boards:
Arduino Uno (all revisions)
- Arduino Leonardo
- Arduino Mega 2560 R3 (not R2 or earlier, see below)
- Arduino Mega ADK
Arduino Duemilanove and Diecimila (all revisions)
- Arduino Due (using latest library)
This shield may work with other boards with some additional steps:
- Add jumper wire from SDA or Analog Pin 4 on shield to pin 20 on Mega board.
- Add jumper wire from SCL or Analog Pin 5 on shield to pin 21 on Mega board.
The shield uses the following pins:
- SDA and SCL (on boards that have these pins)
- Analog pins 4 and 5 (see notes below)
Do not use Analog pins 4 or 5 with your project in combination with this shield, even on Arduino boards that use different pins for I²C communication (Leonardo, Mega, Due). For compatibility with “classic” (pre-R3) Arduino boards, the shield connects SDA and SCL to Analog pins 4 and 5, respectively; communication and analog readings would mutually interfere. Leonardo users should likewise avoid Digital pins 2 and 3 when using I²C.
Arduino Mega 1280: compatibility is likely similar to the Mega 2560 R2; extra jumper wires would be required.
Arduino NG or older: possibly compatible, memory constraints permitting.