The 1.8" TFT Shield is tested and fully compatible with the following boards:
- Arduino Uno (all revisions)
- Arduino Duemilanove and Diecimila w/ATmega328 chip
- Adafruit Menta
This shield may work with other boards with some additional steps:
Connect jumper wires from Arduino Mega Pin 50 to DI on shield, Pin 51 to DO and Pin 52 to SCK. You do not need to change the SD library for Mega usage in this configuration.
Will not work; incompatible pinout between Leonardo and shield.
Will not work; library has not yet been adapted to this chip.
Upgrade to ATmega328 chip, otherwise code is too large for available program space.
Will not work; code is too large for available program space.
The shield uses the following pins:
- Digital pin 4 (SD chip select)
- Digital pin 8 (TFT data/command)
- Digital pin 10 (TFT chip select)
- Digital pins 11-13 for SPI communication (MOSI, MISO, SCK respectively)
- Digital pins 50-52 for SPI on Arduino Mega boards (all types)
- Analog pin 3 (joystick input)
Most pin functions above are available on vias adjacent to the original shield header pins; you can cut traces and re-route to other pins, provided the necessary changes are made in software.