If you're using the shield, check the next page
To begin, we'll solder in the header to the breakout board. You'll need two small 3-pin pieces of header and one 8-pin piece. You can break these off of a large piece.
- Arduino digital pin 2 is connected to 4050 pin 9 (orange wire)
- Arduino digital pin 3 is connected to 4050 pin 11(yellow wire)
- Arduino digital pin 4 is connected to 4050 pin 14 (green wire)
On the breakout board
- 3.3Vin is connected to the Arduino 3.3V pn
- SCK is connected to 4050 pin 10 (orange wire)
- MISO is connected to Arduino pin 5 (blue wire)
- MOSI is connected to 4050 pin 12 (yellow wire)
- SSEL is connected to 4050 pin 15& (green wire)
- GND connects to Arduino ground (black wire)
Also connect 4050 pin #1 to 3.3V and pin #8 to ground.
Click to see a larger image. The red power wire should be connected to the 3.3v pin on the Arduino!
That's it! Later on you can change what Arduino pins you are using but for the beginning test we suggest matching our wiring.