- First, grab the library from github
- Uncompress the ZIP file onto your desktop
- Rename the uncompressed folder AFMotor
- Check that inside AFMotor is AFMotor.cpp and AFMotor.h files. If not, check the steps above
- Place the AFMotor folder into your arduinosketchfolder/libraries folder. For Windows, this will probably be something like MY Documents/Arduino/libraries for Mac it will be something likeDocuments/arduino/libraries. If this is the first time you are installing a library, you'll need to create the libraries folder. Make sure to call it libraries exactly, no caps, no other name.
- Check that inside the libraries folder there is the AFMotor folder, and inside AFMotor isAFMotor.cpp AFMotor.h and some other files
- Quit and restart the IDE. You should now have a submenu called File->Examples->AFMotor->MotorParty
This tutorial is for the now ancient V1 Motor shield. Chances are you have a V2, check out the tutorial https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield-v2-for-arduino This tutorial is for historical reference and previous customers only!