The chip at the heart of this amp is the MAX9814, and has a few options you can configure with the breakout. The default 'max gain' is 60dB, but can be set to 40dB or 50dB by jumpering the Gain pin to VCC or ground. You can also change the Attack/Release ratio, from the default 1:4000 to 1:2000 or 1:500. The ouput from the amp is about 2Vpp max on a 1.25V DC bias, so it can be easily used with any Analog/Digital converter that is up to 3.3V input. If you want to pipe it into a Line Input, just use a 1uF blocking capacitor in series.
Each order comes with one assembled and tested board, with electret mic pre-soldered on, and a small piece of header.
- Supply Voltage: 2.7v-5.5v @ 3mA current
- Output: 2Vpp on 1.25V bias
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20 KHz
- Programmable Attack and Release Ratio
- Automatic gain, selectable max from 40dB, 50dB or 60dB
- Low Input-Referred Noise Density of 30nV/
- Low THD: 0.04% (typ)