The MAX31850K does everything for you, and can be easily interfaced with any microcontroller that has 1-Wire support. This breakout board has the chip itself, a 3.3V regulator with 10uF bypass capacitors all assembled and tested. This board can be used with 'parasitic power' - where the power is on the data line - or with 'local power' where the power for the converter comes in on the Vin Pin.
Please note: this board does not have level shifting on the 3V Data line - we did this on purpose so that it can be used in parasitic mode. The data line must be level shifted to 3V - our 4-channel shifter works wonderfully for level shifting 1-Wire and you only need one at the '1-Wire host' for all thermocouples on the shared data line.
- Works with any K type thermocouple
- Will not work with any other kind of thermocouple other than K type
- -270°C to +1370°C output in 0.25 degree increments
- Internal temperature reading
- 3.3 to 5v power supply. Data line is 3V only
- 1-Wire interface allows any number of thermocouple amps on a single data line