Some of the key features of MakeCode are:
- web based editor: nothing to install
- cross platform: works in most modern browsers from tiny phone to giant touch screens
- compilation in the browser: the compiler runs in your browser, it's fast and works offline
- works offline: once you've loaded the editor, it stays cached in your browser.
- event based runtime: easily respond to button clicks, shake gestures and more
MakeCode currently supports the Adafruit Circuit Playground Express using any web browser on Mac, Windows, Linux, or ChromeOS. You cannot use iOS or Android on a mobile device (since you can't plug in a USB Key)