Sit down, strap in, and pump your Feather ecosystem up to 11. The last of our Feather-focused AdaBoxes has all the ingredients for a remote controlled music player, a Zen-inducing meditation machine, or your very own Radio Free Adafruit that streams tunes through the internet.
In honor of one year of AdaBoxes, Adafruit asks that you savor AdaBox004 and create whatever your ears can imagine.
- Feather HUZZAH with ESP8266 WiFi - pre-soldered with Feather Stacking Headers - our take on an 'all-in-one' ESP8266 WiFi development board with built in USB and battery charging. Its an ESP8266 WiFi module with all the extras you need, ready to rock!
- MusicMaker FeatherWing with Amplifier - pre-soldered - It's a fun-size version of our Music Maker shield for Arduino, and similar to our other Music Maker FeatherWing, but this one is even better - with an on-board 3 Watt amplifier!
- 3W 4 ohm Speaker with wires stripped and tinned
- Mini Remote Control - This little remote control would be handy for controlling a robot or other project from across the room. It has 21 buttons and a layout we thought was handy: directional buttons and number entry buttons.
- IR Sensor - IR sensor tuned to 38KHz, perfect for receiving commands from a TV remote control. Runs at 3V to 5V so it's great for any microcontroller.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - Handy for making wire harnesses or jumpering between headers. Essential for most electronics projects.
- Half Size Breadboard - This is a cute half size breadboard, good for small projects. Also essential for most electronics projects.
- 10K Breadboard Potentiometer - use this to control your volume and more.
- SPDT Switch - perfect for adding an on/off switch to your music box
- 5V1A USB Power Supply - power your little music box with this, or connect batteries to take your music box on the go.
- AdaBox004 component bag - This is really just a single resistor :) We wanted to keep this project simple and easy to make!
- A blank box - with which imagination is your only limitation
- Digikey's Corner - Our good friends at Digikey threw in a wonderful micro SD card for your listening pleasure!
- Adafruit Collectible Pin - Meet BOOMY the loveable boombox. BOOMY's one of our favorite companions whenever we start putting together a project since the songs that come out of him helps keep our projects moving and grooving. His favorite artists are Young Thug, deep album Yazoo, and the genre of cantu a tenore - a traditional Sardinian folk music!
- Signed copy of Make Magazine - have you ever signed 3500 autographs? Because ladyada has!