Download the latest Arduino IDE for your operating system for free here.
Now to configure the IDE for the Adafruit Circuit Playground Express and the required libraries.
1. Open the Boards Manager (under Tools --> Board) and install the Arduino SAMD Boards.
2. Once the boards are installed, suggested to restart Arduino IDE. Then go back to Tools--> Boards and select "Adafruit Circuit Playground Express" from the "Arduino SAMD (32-Bits ARM Cortex-M0+) Boards" option.
3. Select the port your CPX is connected to (under Tools --> Port).
- Download this repo, or copy and paste the code in "TeamsMuteButton" folder called "TeamsMuteButton.ino".
- Open the Arduino IDE and open (or paste) the "TeamsMuteButton.ino" file.
4. Upload the code to the CPX (click the arrow key on the shortcut menu).
5. When the code is finished uploading, check that the program works by moving the slide switch to the left (towards CPX Button A) and pressing the pushbutton. You should see the red LED on the CPX turn on, and the command should open the Arduino Serial Monitor.
6. Once it's working as expected, you're ready to deploy! Use the slide switch to enable/disable the button.
Note: The pushbutton triggers the keyboard "CTRL + Shift + M" keys, which does different things in different apps. The mute function will only work if you're actively using Teams.