How can your fairy costume be complete without a glowing pixie dust bag?! It sparkles and blinks, and you can squeeze the touch sensor wire to change the colors on the beautifully twinkling NeoPixel ring! This fun, sophisticated-looking prop is easy to build with absolutely no soldering required.
This project updates and simplifies the classic GEMMA-based build by using the Circuit Playground Express -- what used to use multiple pieces of hardware is now built into a single board! Plus, all of the programming is done with the user-friendly graphical interface of MakeCode, so no need to type code or use the Arduino IDE if you don't want to.
Besides the Circuit Playground Express, you also need:
- 3 AAA battery pack with on/off switch, or
- 3.7V Lithium Ion battery with charger for a more compact build
- short wire alligator clip test leads
- translucent pixie dust bag
- small plastic bag
- flake salt, such as Morten's Kosher salt, used to as light diffusing "pixie dust"