This provides a visual reference for the wiring of the components. They aren't true to scale, just meant to be used as reference. The switch and NeoPixel stick will share the same ground pin on the Adafruit Feather. Although NeoPixels normally require 5V, we'll need to connect it to the 3V pin on Feather for the ability to turn power off via the Enable pin.
To power this circuit, we'll use a 3.7v 500mAh lipo battery. The feather has an on board regulator that will convert the voltage automatically. The Adafruit Feather has an on-board charging circuit, so we can recharge it over USB when the battery gets low.
- Data In from NeoPixel to Pin 30 on Feather
- Ground from NeoPixel to ground on Feather
- 5V from NeoPixel to 3V on Feather
- Switch to ground and enable pin on Feather
- Battery to JST connector on Feather