It's easy to use OLEDs with Python and the Adafruit CircuitPython SSD1305 module. This module allows you to easily write Python code to control the display.
We'll cover how to wire the OLED to your Raspberry Pi. First assemble your OLED.
Since there's dozens of Linux computers/boards you can use we will show wiring for Raspberry Pi. For other platforms, please visit the guide for CircuitPython on Linux to see whether your platform is supported.
Connect the OLED as shown below to your Raspberry Pi.
- OLED Pin #1 to Raspberry Pi GND
- OLED Pin #2 to Raspberry Pi 3.3V
- OLED Pin #4 to Raspberry Pi GND
- OLED Pin #7 to Raspberry Pi SCL
- 10K resistor from SCL to 3.3V
- OLED Pin #8 to Raspberry Pi SDA
- OLED Pin #9 to Raspberry Pi SDA
- 10K resistor from SDA to 3.3V
- OLED Pin #16 to Raspberry Pi GPIO 4