Adventures in communicating with the Brother KH-930e knitting machine! The order of operations:
- Make the FTDI interface cable
- Prepare the computer by downloading the software
- Backup your Brother Knitting Machine's memory to your computer
- View patterns from the machine's memory
- Adding a new pattern from an image
- Load your new file back to the knitting machine
Much of this tutorial is directly adapted from Steve Conklin's totally awesome knitting machine wiki page!Troubleshooting
- If the RAM data has been corrupted, the screen will flash "888" and the machine will seem unresponsive. Hold down INPUT and STEP at the same time, and when the display should change. Perform a memory reset by hitting CE, 888, STEP.
- download the PDF knitting machine manual (many other knitting machine manuals here as well)
- Python pitfalls - helped spot a bug
- Troubleshooting Brother machines - includes how to do an 888 reset of memory
- Good forum post - includes what to do when all the machine will do is flash "888"
- Newton's Yarns - in Anaheim, CA, claims to carry Brother machines/accessories incl. KE-100 motor drive